Week 2 Part A: Communication Between Business and Customer

    Social media has changed how communication between businesses and customers occurs. Whenever someone has a problem with a company, a product, or a service, people can talk about it online and start a discussion. Sharing the problem online will bring the business' attention and can help you get your problem solved way easier. The business is also incentivized to do this because it stops negative attention from being brought to the company and if they solve the problem, they will look better. In the past businesses couldn't really talk to their customers unless they somehow asked them directly. Not listening to their customers also didn't really affect how they were perceived and it was easier to get away with not fixing every problem, but nowadays people start discussions about a company's problem which can cause negative attention.

    While looking at reviews left on other businesses I saw mostly positive reviews. Most businesses I saw had a one-off thing that happened that caused people to leave a negative review. Sometimes there were multiple people who left negative reviews because the business genuinely had a problem going on, which I would consider fair reviews. Sometimes I saw negative reviews because of the smallest things which made me a bit mad. I was surprised when I saw negative reviews on some of my favorite businesses because I really haven't experienced anything bad.

    I don't tend to write reviews for businesses, but when I do I usually only do it whenever I really like their business. Usually, I just talk about what I like about a business. Honestly, I don't think I've ever written a negative review. I think it's important to think about what you are saying so that you don't something that you know isn't real or is unfair. Sometimes, I write a good review if they do something I really like. I just want to show them that I appreciate something they do and that I hope they keep on doing that thing.

    If I owned a business and got positive and negative comments I would try to respond in an appropriate manner. If I get a positive review, I would like to make the person feel acknowledged and I would like to thank them for letting me know what their thoughts are. If they leave a negative review it would probably be best if I let them know that I acknowledge the problem they had. If the problem they had is something that needs to be solved very quickly, I would let them know that I am working on fixing the issue. This might also help positively change the opinion people have about my business.

  

Comments

Popular Posts