Week 3 Part B: Developing a Brand

    I have always wanted to start a clothing brand. I don't want it to be the first business I make, but rather a business that I want to make after I find success in another business. I don't want it to be my only chance at creating a successful business and have to bet on it working for me to become successful. I want to do it because I want to express myself artistically and create something that I know is new to people. I want it to stand out. So, this is the fake (for now) business I will use for this class.

    I want my brand to have a logo, but I want it to stand out. My brand's logo might be some stars because I just like how that appears, but I also want to make another logo that I could use in places where the other logo might not really be something I want to use. This could just be the name of the brand but in my handwriting or somebody else's handwriting who I really like. I was thinking the name could be "Mythic Clothing" or something similar. I just like how it sounds and don't think it's a bad thing to be known by. I want to be able to place the logo on clothing items and have it add to what the item is. I also want to be able to place it on a tag whenever I don't want to have a logo on something, or I might not want to put anything on the clothing item. I also want it to be instantly recognizable as my brand and not another brand. 

    I want to have a tagline, but I don't want to add it as a part of my logo. I just want it to be part of the brand so I can add it to promotional material and have people recognize that phrase as part of my brand. I want my tagline to be something along the lines of "don't be afraid to stand out". I think it would really fit the brand since it is all about standing out. I also think that it could be something inspirational and could have a positive effect on people. People might hear it and feel a little better about being different.

    I'm not completely sure what colors I want to use, but I have been thinking about making the main colors purple and black. Of course, those aren't going to be the only colors, but I want those to be the main colors. I picked them because I have always liked that combination of colors. I also think those colors stand out and of course, that is what I want. I also like the vibe that it gives off, to me it feels more modern, trendy, and hype when compared to other color combinations. Another thing I like about the colors is that it appears very magical to me. Whenever I see an image with those colors, it's always at night with some beautiful city or setting.

    I want to use a font that looks kind of playful, but I want the main focus for it to be easy to read. I don't really see the point of a font if it's not easy to read. I picked a font called "Verdana" on google. I picked it because I like that it's easy to read, but is a bit stylized, so it looks a bit playful. I also liked it because it's not too playful and still looks mostly professional, and I want my brand to look professional. I want it to look rather serious, but I don't want it to look like the brand can't be playful and joke around at times. I want this image because this is the way I believe I am.

    I believe that all these things combined will allow my business to have the image that I want it to have. I also believe that they will give my business a lot of brand recognition. Some aspects of the brand are things that are completely unique to my brand, so people will recognize those things easily. The aspects of the brand that are meant to stand out also might help people remember the brand better. Many of the things that make up my brand will help people remember the brand when I advertise, when I promote my business in different ways,  and when I start using social media to help my business grow.

Comments

Popular Posts