Week 1B: Social Media Use Today

     In general, social media tends to be used more for personal reasons. People like to post stuff about their life and communicate with people online. Personally, I don't like to share too much about my life online. I never really understood why people like to show every part of their life on social media. Even though I don't really get why people do it, I still think that it is a good way to connect with people and have new social interactions.

    Some platforms tend to be used more for business reasons. I think that LinkedIn is one of the ones that are well known for business use. I also think social media like Instagram and Facebook tend to be used for business a lot too, it's just that they aren't as well known for their business use. I know that Instagram and Facebook very popular places to market products. People like to get followings on those places because it is way easier to get customers through there. Those social media platforms also make it easier to target certain groups through their ads. I think this makes these places better places to use for business purposes. 

    I feel as if there are some social media used more for personal use because they are harder to use for business reasons. I see people using Twitter more for personal reasons when compared to other social media. I have seen brands/ companies have Twitter accounts but it's more to let customers know about products or to help customers more than anything else. I enjoy that Twitter isn't really a place for business, but more of a place to talk about less serious things, meet new people, and voice your opinion on certain things.

    As I said earlier, I don't like to share too much of my life online, but I do like to use social media. I think it's a great way to socialize and meet new people. I also tend to look at things that are being posted by different people in different communities. I also enjoy the fact that I can see what's going on in other people's lives because it helps give me ideas of things I want to do in the future and sometimes inspires me to become more productive. Social media also allows me to talk to and see what has been going on in the life of someone I hadn't talked to in years. Overall, social media is a great way to connect and reconnect with other people.

Comments

  1. Hi Pablo, as you say, it is weird to share and show our life in social media. However, this tool is great because we can communicate with people in the world! I hope I would use social media correctly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts