Week 11 Part B: Marketing with Other Social Media

 I commented on the following people's blogs:

Alexander Garza

Megan McDonell

Sarah Mitulski

Carlos Palacios

    Since Carlos wrote about Twitter, and I never really looked into Twitter, he mentioned many things I had never really put too much thought into it. I found out that Twitter is a good way to have discussions and get feedback from others. Since Twitter is about discussion, voicing your thoughts, and generally talking, connecting with others would also be easier on Twitter than on something like TikTok or YouTube.

    Other than Carlos, all my other groupmates and I researched TikTok. It gave me a lot of information about TikTok and perspectives that I didn't find while I was researching it. They talked about how TikTok is a good tool to reach more people because the videos get a lot of engagement. One of my groupmates talked about having the same post for Instagram reels and TikTok because they have a similar video formats. I think it could be a good idea to be able to get followers on both Instagram and TikTok. Another groupmate talked about posting the same videos more than once to see if one of them gets more views. I think this is will work because it can help you reach more viewers, but it might come off as spammy and cause people to get annoyed. So that strategy is a double edge sword.

    Some of my groupmates talked about using influencers and having a deal where they could do something to benefit themselves and the influencer. These were things like helping the other influencer sell their product if the influencer talked about them on their TikTok or doing collaborations with the influencer. I think this is a pretty good idea. I haven't really considered this option while using social media, but now I think it's something I should consider because it won't cost money and if you are on a small budget, this could work well. Of course, there could be occurrences where the other person doesn't do their end of the deal or someone gets a better deal than the other, but I still think it could work really well for a strategy that doesn't cost any money.

    My groupmates opened my eyes to new ideas and let me know of new strategies and information I hadn't really thought of or found before. I also read some information/strategies that I have heard before, such as videos on TikTok getting a lot of engagement or posting the same video more than once on TikTok to see if I can get more views. All of my groupmates' posts also included new ideas such as using Twitter to get feedback from others and using influencers to get more fans/exposure. Overall, my groupmates' ideas and perspectives can help my business grow.

Comments

Popular Posts